Since 2001 I offer software design and development services as a freelancer and am constantly looking for good opportunities and new challenges in interesting IT projects.
I specialised in Java programming and have built substantial expertise in Spring / Hibernate, Xml / XSLT / Xpath, Apache Cocoon and Eclipse RCP. I also offer consulting, requirements analysis and have strong experience in the product space, i.e. editing marketing materials and holding technical demonstrations.
Please contact me using the contact link on the right for availability and rates. I will be happy to provide you with my full CV.
Technologies / Skills
(Level 1: Basic 2: Good 3: Very good 4: Expert)
- Java Development and Design
- Java (4)
- J2EE (1)
- XML, XSLT, XPath, Dom4J, SAX, Schema (4)
- Apache Cocoon (4)
- Eclipse RCP (3), Swing (3)
- OSGI (3)
- Servlet (4), JSP (3)
- Spring, Spring Dynamic Modules, Spring AOP (4)
- Hibernate (4)
- Tomcat (3)
- JUnit, Mock Objekte, Spring tests (4)
- Struts (2)
- UML, OOM (4)
- SSADM (1)
- Test Driven Development (3)
- Eclipse (4)
- JIRA (4)
- SVN, CVS (4)
- Maven, Ant (4)
- Netbeans, Idea (3)
- MagicDraw UML, eUML2 (3)
- XHTML (3)
- Servlet (4), JSP (3)
- PHP (3)
- Windows, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Linux, OpenOffice (4)
- OneNote, Evernote (3)
- C (1)
- C++ (1)
- Delphi (1)
- SQL (4)
- MySQL, Oracle, Postgres (3)
- Since May 2010: IT.NRW, Düsseldorf
Development and consulting services for a public IT services provider and the Ministry of Justice of North Rhine - Westphalia. Further development and maintenance of a Content Management System for the Intranet. Consulted IT.NRW in development processes, introduced and customized JIRA and other development tools.
- Apache Cocoon, XML / XSLT, XSL-FO, Web-Services
- Hyperic, JIRA administration and customization
- Jan 2010 - Mai 2010: Adesso Mobile Solutions GmbH
Design and development of a content request module for the web in|MOTION platform. Extensible and flexible module for the connection of various content sources.
- Apache Cocoon, XML / XSLT, Spring, Dom4J, Digester
- Concept in UML, OOM
- Maven, JIRA, JavaDoc
- Sept 2009 - Jan 2010: Adesso Mobile Solutions GmbH
Concept and development of a backend service for an iphone application for a major german newspaper. Manages user subscriptions and sending of iPhone push notifications for new articles.
- Spring, Hibernate, SOAP, REST, Apache CXF
- UML documentation
- Maven, JIRA, JavaDoc
- Nov 2008 - Aug 2009: Adesso Mobile Solutions GmbH
Design and development of a framework for migration of data between different content management systems. Development of a Rich Client tool to control the migration process and assist during analysis of source CMS, development of migration rules and before-after compairison of source and target CMS page.
- Apache Cocoon, Eclipse RCP, Spring Dynamic Modules, OSGI, Hibernate, Maven, JIRA
- XSLT, XPath, Dom4J, SAX
- FirstSpirit CMS, PostgresSQL
- UML, JIRA, JavaDoc.
- Mar 2005 – Dec 2007: Adesso AG (employed)
Design and development of web in|MOTION, a middleware for the transformation of existing web content to mobile devices. Technical resposability for the product, requirements analysis, conception and specification.
- Java, Apache Cocoon, Hibernate
- XSLT, XPath, XHTML, WML, XHTML-MP, Dom4J, SAX
- JIRA, JavaDoc
- Aug 2004 – Jan 2005: Rabbit Emarketing GmbH, Frankfurt
Development of XSLT-Templates for Email Marketing Campains. Consulting and training for major german customers.
- XSLT, Xpath, XML
- Oct 2003 – Nov 2003: Gehe Pharma Handel GmbH, Stuttgart.
Development of a web based application for review and fixing of medical product data.
- Aug 2002 – Aug 2003: Titze Datentechnik GmbH, Magstadt
Development and maintenance of a web based application for the management of Java-based access and time tracking terminals.
- J2EE, JBoss, Socket, Oracle
- Apr 2002 - Sept 2002: FUZZY Informatik AG - Ludwigsburg
Development of a Java API to an XML Application Server used for fuzzy search of person data.
- JDOM, Ant, Xerces, Log4J.
- Jul 2000 - May 2001: Rabbit AG, Stuttgart
Design and Development of a data migration tool controlled by XML rules for the automatic migration of a database between product updates (table merges and splits)
- Java, JDBC, Oracle, SQL
- Oct 2007 – Oct 2008 - London School of Economics
Master of Science in “Analysis, Design and Management of Information Systems” (Distinction)
- Courses: Social study of Information Systems, Information Systems for the public sector, innovating software development, Information Systems management
- Winner team of consultancy project by Deloitte
- Master-Thesis “Collective innovation and assistance: How user
communities support innovation processes in the context of open APIs“ (2nd best among 160 students)
- Mar 2005 – Oct 2007 - University of Potsdam
Public Administration (Diplom)
- Globalisation, International Relations, Organisation sociology